Why do Qualified, Ethical, Licensed; Mental Health Professionals Not Open Our Own Private Practices?
- We are afraid of failure
- We lack knowledge about running a business
- We don’t know how to get on insurance panels
- We don’t understand how to bill for services
We are uncomfortable asking clients for money
- We don’t want to be perceived as greedy
- We don’t believe in our own worth
- We don’t value the service we have to offer
- We don’t know about marketing
- We feel uncomfortable with marketing ourselves
- We feel we should be helping people not charging
- We feel timid about seeking out referrals
- We don’t know where to find referrals
- We are afraid we won’t have any clients
- Others have discouraged them from starting a practice
- Others have told them how hard it is to get started
- We don’t think we can afford the start-up costs
- Sociopathic agencies have sucked the life out of us
Therapists, stand up on you own.
Do not allow yourself to be just another cog in the INDUSTRY OF THERAPY,
in some “Sociopathic Agency”.
Prevent yourself and your clients from being exploited.
YOU ARE TOO GOOD FOR THAT !
MENTAL HEATH THERAPISTS “STAND UP”